The place packed with high schoolers on spring break, but only 9 performers showed up. It wasn’t a problem because most of the performers stuck around long enough for extended sets.
1. Ben Garvey – I played “All My Dreams are in Cartoon”, Beck’s “Jackass,” and “99%.”
2. Jarrod Schafer – “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and an Avril Lavigne song, served up by your friend Jarrod Schafer.
3. Joe Alam – Joe isn’t afraid to do anything, including John Lennon covers and going out with high school girls.
4. Roz King – I think Roz’s cover of Fake Plastic Trees is my favorite at the moment.
5. John Quinlan – Played a bunch of his original stuff that supposedly will be out on CD soon.
6. John Shaughnessy and Marty Cruz (aka Jason Vertucio) – Roz said Jay looked like Steve Van Sandt up there with his bandana and his Italian name. Jay and John sounded like they practiced a lot this week. They did one of John’s originals about the Circle K and then “Hard Days Night”.
7. Willie Tapps – Another great performance bringing his streak up to 367.
8. Forest Greens – Sans Eric once again, since Eric was in Italy like a few people I know. Hopefully Eric is studying classical guitar over there or something. Sarah Allen filled in nicely.
9. Sarah Allen – Her friend stopped who goes to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, which has to be one of the nicest looking towns in the country. I went there once a few years ago and it was incredible. Sarah covered “Grace” by Jeff Buckley and it was awesome.