I was pleasantly surprised to see someone do a Talking Heads cover already. Thanks Scott and Joe! Email me and I’ll post a link to your website if you have one.
1. Ben Garvey – As a favor to Rob I played Johnny Cash’s “Big River” and “Folsom Prison Blues.”
2. Phil – Came back for the 2nd week in a row and played some original acoustic rock. I’m pretty sure those were originals.
3. Roz King – Roz played his own version of Folsom Prison Blues that destroyed mine.
4. Jarrod Schafer – He did a nice cover of “Bucket Seats and Safety Belts” by Cake.
5. Sarah Allen – Started off her set by doing an impression of me, which consists of stuttering and simultaneously talking and strumming the guitar. I’m looking for a way to get her back, so feel free to send me any dirt or gossip on Sarah Allen.
6. Willie Tapps – I love his version of “Tell Everybody I Know.”
7. Kilpatrick – Covered Nirvana’s “Opinion,” but integrated Radiohead (I think) into the song instead of Burning Brides.
9. Bob Michel – Bob once again brought out some tunes from his teenage years when he was into Bob Dylan and Phil Ochs.
10. Keith Lewis – It was good to see Keith come back and play a few songs. His website has some techniques to improve your guitar playing.
11. Joe – I liked the first song Joe played. I think it was called something like “secrets.”
12. Scott & Joe – These guys got the distinction of being the first to participate in our artist tribute by doing their version of Talking Heads’ “Psycho Killer.”